Teaching job is one among the noblest profession as teachers often sported the act of catalyst for social modifications in any society. Human has often treated teachers as a development to the society as it’s only a teacher who with the use of his/ her intelligence, patience, and wisdom tries to not only shine the learner’s intellect and aptitude but also considers moves to form a multi-faceted personality.
Teaching has often remained a place of pride in Indian social milieu & ethos. Starting from popular ancient teachers such as Dhaumya, Dronacharya, Vashisht, Kripacharya and Parashurama, religious teachers and preachers such as Adi Shankaracharya, Ramanujacharya, Sri Ramakrishna Paramhamsa and educationists such as Dr.Radhakrishnan, Sir Ashutosh Mukherji, Dr. Satyendranath Bose, Prof. Meghnad Saha, Shri J.C. Bose, Dr. Amartya Sen, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam have by and large been venerated and considerd in extreme esteem by pupils of any age groups and across all fields of study.
Teaching has lot specialization areas with each needs various skill-sets and each employing a varying way of training. Few of the main areas of specialization comprise teaching at middle schools, high schools, nursery schools, colleges, universities, institutes, and special schools.
Eligibility requirements for Teaching Jobs in India
- As a teacher, one should be a Bachelors in Education B.Ed degree from reputed college or universities. Even a PG Masters in Education or M.Ed is added advantage to the academic qualifications. Also, a in-depth knowledge of the subject you wish to teach and are going to specialize in is must.
- Basic Training Certificate, BTC, Diploma in Education, D.Ed, TTC and Teacher Training Certificate are other teaching programs in India that can support you find a teaching job.
- One may take the Central Teacher Eligibility Test, CTET held by the CBSE for appointment as a teacher for classes 1 – 8 in govt. and state schools and as unaided private schools that agree CTET marks.
- College & university teaching needs a various way. Upon completing master of arts in a subject, you can turn out as a specialist by pursuing M. Phil. or Ph.D. And to become a lecturer in India, he / she has pass the NET exam held by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Teaching jobs Skills and Attributes
Teaching is always thought as an easy-enough job. The general perception is that you require to know your subject, know the lesson plan, and do it comforting the children. One also should hold a mix of necessary attributes such as patience, confidence, likeness for and a thorough knowlege of children/ students to pursue a teaching career.
Teaching Job Prospects
If you are desiring to pursue a teaching job in India, you should teach at the pre-primary, primary, middle school, or HS/ HSS levels. Few of the several institutes to seek employment that consist:
- Play schools
- Nursery schools
- Primary/elementary schools
- Secondary schools
- Educational research institutes
- Self employment by starting institutes/tutorials
- Special schools
Salary of teachers teaching jobs
Being a teacher, salary can differ highly based on the training, qualification, and the kind of school employed with. The stage at which one teaching can also do a variance to perk package. However the salary package in the teaching profession is not very high.
- As per PayScale, the median salary for a high school teacher in India at the entry level is about INR 4 lakhs per year while for an experienced teacher, teaching at high school level is INR 8 lakh per annum.
- In certain school, teachers get extra benefits such as accommodation, subsidized fees for kids, pension as well as gratuity.