Diwali 2018 Tamilnadu Special Buses Announced, Ticket Reservation Counters:
The Tamilnadu Government had announced the Diwali 2018 special buses to reduce the extra rush of passengers going to their hometowns for the Deepavali festival across all the Districts of Tamilnadu state in India.
This year the Government of Tamilnadu had planned to operate 20,567 special buses starting from 3rd November 2018 to various destinations of all the districts of Tamilnadu state.
About 11,367 buses will be operated from Chennai to various destinations for the Diwali 2018 festival in the state of Tamilnadu by Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporations (TNSTC), State Express Transport Corporation (SETC).
The advance ticket reservation bookings for the Diwali 2018 special buses will be done from 31st October 2018, Wednesday at the allotted reservation ticket counter.
Like wise about 11,842 special buses which also includes 4,207 to Chennai will be operated from 7th November 2018 by Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporations (TNSTC), State Express Transport Corporation (SETC).
About 30 ticket reservation centres including 26 at Koyambedu, 2 at Tambaram Sanatorium, 1 at Poonamallee, 1 at Madhavaram will be operated in Chennai for the Diwali 2018 advance ticket bookings.
About 6 terminal including CMBT, MMBT, Poonamallee bus stand, Tambaram Sanatorium bus stand, Tambaram railway station bus stand and KK Nagar bus depot will be operated temporarily.
Terminal Wise Bus Services to major cities:
- Buses to Velankanni, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Sengottai, Thiruvananthapuram, Panruti, Villupuram, Salem, Coimbatore, Ernakulam and Bengaluru will be operated from CMBT.
- Buses to Andhra Pradesh and all APSRTC buses will be operated from MMBT for the Diwali 2018 festival.
- Buses to Kancheepuram, Arcot, Arani, Vellore, Dharmapuri, Tirupattur and Hosur will be operated from Poonamallee bus stand.
- Buses to Kumbakonam, Thanjavur and beyond via Tindivanam will be operated from Tambaram Sanatorium bus stand.
- Buses to Puducherry, Cuddalore and Chidambaram via East Coast Road (ECR) will be operated from Tambaram Railway station bus stand.