The applicants for admission are chosen as per the merit and communal rotation annually through District Wise Counseling. The District Counseling is held by the Nodal Government ITIs situated in every Districts of tamilnadu. The students as per their rank will select the course or ITI as he/she desires. The selection order given to every candidate right on the spot. The students thus presented by the Department in the month of July year after year will be coached in the respective Institute according to the National Council for Vocational Training NCVT terms of training.
There are lot of Free Training to the Trainees of Govt. ITI
To motivate admission and active participation in skill training course and to support the poor and downtrodden youth, tuition fee is waived by the Government and free training is provided to all the iti trainees of govt ITIs.
List of Freebies for ITI Trainees
The Government have approved the following facilities to the Government ITI and Government aided Private ITI trainees
- Free Bus pass between their place of residence and the institute for twelve months
- 2 pairs of uniforms per year to every trainees
- Bi-Cycle to each and each trainee
- Laptop for all the trainees
- Free Text Books & drawing instruments to all the trainees.
- 1 Set Shoe to all the trainees.
- Apart from that, monthly stipend of Rs.500 is given irrespective of community & income.
The online iti admission for the academic year 2017-2018 in itis of the state of tamil nadu is ending by 9th september 2017 and the official website link is http://skilltraining.tn.gov.in/DET/admission_detail.html
Department of Employment & Training
Thiru.Vi.Ka Industrial Estate
Chennai 600 032.
Board : 044-22501002 / 22501006 / 22500900