Late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa took medical treatment in Apollo Hospitals Chennai for nearly 75 days from the day on 22.09.2016 she was hospitalized. The Apollo Hospitals payment section in Chennai has invoiced the bill giving break ups of charges for treatment of former cm Jayalalitha to the state govt.
If a CM is admitted to a hospital, it is the cost of state & center governments who bears. Jayalalitha after struggling seventy five days with her illness at last left her final breath on 5.12.2016 at about 11:30 PM. What matters shocking in this jaya’s hospital bill is the highest medical expenses ever incurred by any cm of the state.
The hospital bill for Jayalalithaa’s treatment for two and half months is crossing over Rs 80 Crore. Apollo Hospitals charged jayalalithaa medical bill of eighty crore does not include miscellaneous charges as it would be higher more. So fare nearly Rupees six crore paid by the state health department.
Following are the list of expenses incurred for amma hospital bill since 22.09.2016
- Rent of 30 rooms in 2nd floor @ 1 crore amounting to 30 crore
- ECMO charges
- Charges for Life-support instruments
- Consultation charges of 39 apollo doctors
- nursing charges
- consultation charges for intensive care specialist of United Kingdom’s London Bridge Hospital, Dr.Richard John Beale team
- ICU specialist consulting charges of singapore physiotherapist
- daily cost of police personnel & security
For more info https://www.apollohospitals.com/